Dental Hygiene Referral Services
These services are intended for individuals lacking access to traditional dental care.
- Iowa County can be scheduled at Access Dental Clinic 608-935-5550
- Lafayette County call 608-776-2082.
- For CHILDREN in Green County, call Fowler Free Dental Clinic at 608-328-9404
- La Crosse, Vernon, or Monroe Counties, call Scenic Bluffs at 608-654-5100
Oral Health Information
- Dental decay in children is the most common chronic disease of childhood.
- Dental caries (cavity) is strongly linked to the bacteria Streptococcus Mutans.
- Sugarless chewing gum products, such as Trident, have been shown to effectively clean teeth if unable to brush after meals.
- Beverages with a high concentration of "sugars" can quickly destroy the enamel of the tooth.
- It is about timing and amount when it comes to sugared beverages. DON'T sip and DO be aware of how much you drink or allow your child to drink sugared beverages.
- Fluoride is a great cavity fighting tool. It has been proven safe in appropriate concentration.
- Xylitol, has anti-bacterial properties to fight ear infections and tooth decay.
Go to www.ADHA.org for more dental health care information.
Contact SWCAP at 608-935-2326.