Women, Infants & Children Nutrition Program (WIC)
Serving Crawford, Iowa, Lafayette & Richland counties.
- Nutrition information and counseling to improve your family's health and nutrition, including practical tips on feeding infants and small children, healthy eating during pregnancy, meal planning, etc.
- Help with breastfeeding.
- Healthy foods, including:
- Fruits and vegetables (fresh, frozen, canned), 100% juice.
- Whole wheat/whole grain foods: 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice, soft corn or whole wheat tortillas.
- Beans, peas, lentils (canned or dried).
- Peanut butter.
- Canned fish (light tuna or pink salmon).
- Milk, eggs, cheese.
- Infant cereals, fruits and vegetables, and meats.
- Infant formula for babies that are not 100% breastfed.
- Information and referrals for other services like immunizations, medical and dental care, food assistance, etc.
- Pregnant women, new mothers, and infants or children under five years old.
- Subject to program income guidelines.
1-800-704-8555 or 608-935-2326