Work 'n Wheels Program
The Work-n-Wheels auto loan program is designed to help income eligible families and individuals with assistance in obtaining an affordable and dependable vehicle. If you have poor credit or no credit, have been denied financing by your Bank or Credit Union this program may be an option for you.
0% Interest Auto Loans
- These loans are available to income qualifying families and individuals.
- There is a 5% program loan administration fee, paid by the borrower, at the time of purchase.
- The buyer is responsible for a portion of the tax, title and registration fees.
- The buyer must provide proof of full coverage insurance.
- Monthly payments are required.
- Typical monthly payment is $150.00, until the loan is paid in full.
- Auto loans are provided at an interest rate of 0%.
- All applicants must be employed for a minimum of 30 days before applying.
- Applicants are required to complete financial education classes provided through UW Extension.
- Agents prior to loan closing.
- Typical customer out of pocket costs on a $4,500.00 loan are $470.00 and include:
- 5% admin fee $225.00.
- Customer portion of the tax, title & registration fees $220.00.
- Applicants must be employed and the vehicle must be needed to get to work.
- The Applicant household must meet program income eligibility guidelines.
- Applicants must have a valid Wisconsin Drivers License.
- Applicants must reside in (live in) Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette, Richland and Sauk Counties.
Complete the Program Application Form.
Complete the Policy Manual.
Complete the Financial Worksheet.
Call Jeff Segebrecht at 608-935-2326 ext 220.
Participant cost examples for Loan Amounts of: $4000.00: Tax $220 + License Fees $148.50 + 5%, Admin Fee $200 = $568.50 out of pocket costs. Monthly Payments would then be $135, $3000.00: Tax $165 + License Fees $148.50 + 5%, Admin Fee $150 = $436.50 out of pocket costs. Monthly Payments would then be $125.